Zermatt Day Trip
Breath Taking Views of Matterhorn
Guided Day Hiking Tour
- experience Matterhorn & amazing Zermatt Alpine vistas in a combination cogwheel train ride and easy to moderate hike
- Ride the Gornergrat railway cog wheel train up to the 10,134 ft / 3089 meter Gornergrat. Walk up to the 360 degree platform area where you see over 29 of the 79, 4000 meters, 13,123 ft alpine peaks in Europe, including the massive Matterhorn.This is Europe’s second highest railway and the highest open-air railway of the continent.
- One to two hour guided hike along sign posted paths along the Gornergrat train segments.Experience the wonders of the areas. The pictures taken by the lakes with the Matterhorn mirroring on them make fantastic memories.
- Learn about the origins of Zermatt and the people of Vallis, Zermatt’s canton
- Local English speaking Guide throughout
Actual walking & hiking time and distance:1 to 2 hours, 2 to 4 miles
Hiking Elevation change: 670 ft / 223 m down
Hiking terrain: moderately descending, natural dirt & stone path, public sign posted trails
June 15, 2018 to Sept. 30, 2018
Meet: 08:45 am – Under the arch in front of the Lucerne train station
Depart: 09:10 am
Return: 17:40 pm
Adult Standard: CHF 472.00 per person, based on 2 or more
Adult Standard: CHF 672.00 for one person
Adult with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Rate less CHF 85.00 per person
5 or more contact ECHO Trails
All transportation mentioned in the itinerary.
English speaking hiking guide
- Items of personal nature.
- For the hike we recommended you bring 1-2 bottles of water
- Wear ankle high hiking shoes with soles that grip the ground.
- Hiking poles are highly recommended.
The tour departs rain or shine.
Full refund up to 24 hours prior to the tour departure.
50% refund if cancelled by 6.00 p.m. the day before departure.
No refund on the day of departure.
When in Switzerland, just dial 079-813-36-10 to reach our office
Your english speaking guide lives in the Zermatt area and knows all the trails very well.
Your guide will share information about the “Valais” unique culture and can answer all your questions about the Matterhorn.
Hiking Map for Zermatt
This encompasses the day’s travel, including buses and trains – we won’t be hiking all this in one day