Winter William Tell Swiss Path Hike & Cruise
An easy hike on Switzerland’s historic trail
This beautiful walking trail follows a centuries-old mule path along a plateau taking you to the very heart of where Switzerland and its 700 year old democracy began. Spectacular mountain scenery and age-old rural scenes accompany the hiker along this historic route.
- Walk on “the old mule track” used in the 13th century
- Panoramic 2-1/2 to 3 hr hike along the plateau trail from Seelisberg to Bauen
- From the plateau vantage, see views of the “Rütli” – the green meadow where Switzerland was founded in 1291
- Across Lake Uri, see the Tell Chapel marking the place where William Tell escaped his 13th century Habsburg captors
- Your guide will present a historical and cultural explanation of what you are seeing
- Scenic Lake Lucerne steamer 2 hr cruise from our Swiss Path hike
This is a 2-1/2 to 3 hour easy walking on mostly off-road paths and farm roads.
November to March
The walk is not possible after snowfalls and in icy conditions.
Panoramic vistas cannot be guaranteed due to winter mist/fog.
Not suitable for baby buggies or small children
- Meet: 10:10 am – Under the arch in front of the Lucerne train station
- Departure leaves promptly at 10:27 am
- We return: 18:47 (6:47 pm)
Adult Standard: US $360 per person, based on 2 or more
Adult Standard: US $410 for one person
Adult with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Rate less US $47 per person
Adult with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Rate less US $99 per person
Child (Standard ages 6 to 15): US $180 per child
Child with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Child Rate less US $23.50 per child
Child with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Child Rate less US $49.50 per child
Children 0-5 years are free
5 or more contact ECHO Trails
- Private tour with local English-speaking guide
- All transportation from and return to Lucerne
- Light lunch of traditional Alplermagrone
- Personal beverages
- Items of personal nature
What to wear/bring
- Water bottle
- Warm layered clothing; warm windproof and waterproof jacket
- Comfortable waterproof footwear
Booking a Tour
Click on the red “Book Now” button
1. On the right hand side, select the Date you wish to take the tour in the Date Box
2. Input the number of participants: adults & children
3. Go To the Tour Box and click on BOOK button – the payment form will open
4. Under Options: See if you qualify for Swiss Pass or Half-Card tax – Select one or Select “No Card or Pass”
5. Review the final price – make sure it is correct
6. Read our Cancellation Policy – check the Terms & Conditions Box
7. Pay with either a PayPal account or debit/credit card
Once the payment has been processed, a written confirmation will be sent to your email address
Booking within 5 days of tour date?
Phone or text our Lucerne office – +41 79 813 3610 – to check if we can take you, before making a booking
The tour departs rain or shine.
Full refund up to 24 hours prior to the tour departure.
50% refund if cancelled by 6.00 p.m. the day before departure.
No refund on the day of departure.
When in Switzerland, just dial 079-813-36-10 to reach our office
Calling outside of Switzerland: 41-79-813-36-10.
Calling within Switzerland: 079-813-36-10
or e-mail: email@example.com
Map for William Tell Swiss Path Hike