Winter William Tell Swiss Path Hike & Cruise
An easy hike on Switzerland’s historic trail
This beautiful walking trail follows a centuries-old mule path along a plateau taking you to the very heart of where Switzerland and its 700 year old democracy began. Spectacular mountain scenery and age-old rural scenes accompany the hiker along this historic route.
- Walk on “the old mule track” used in the 13th century
- Panoramic 2-1/2 to 3 hr hike along the plateau trail from Seelisberg to Bauen
- From the plateau vantage, see views of the “Rütli” – the green meadow where Switzerland was founded in 1291
- Across Lake Uri, see the Tell Chapel marking the place where William Tell escaped his 13th century Habsburg captors
- Your guide will present a historical and cultural explanation of what you are seeing
- Scenic Lake Lucerne steamer 2 hr cruise from our Swiss Path hike
This is a 2-1/2 to 3 hour easy walking on mostly off-road paths and farm roads.
November to March
The walk is not possible after snowfalls and in icy conditions.
Panoramic vistas cannot be guaranteed due to winter mist/fog.
Not suitable for baby buggies or small children
- Meet: 10:10 am – Under the arch in front of the Lucerne train station
- Departure leaves promptly at 10:27 am
- We return: 18:47 (6:47 pm)
Adult Standard: CHF 340.00 per person, based on 2 or more
Adult Standard: CHF 390.00 for one person
Adult with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Rate less CHF 45.00 per person
Adult with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Rate less CHF 95.00 per person
Child (Standard ages 6 to 15): CHF 170.00 per child
Child with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Child Rate less CHF 22.50 per child
Child with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Child Rate less CHF 47.50 per child
Children 0-5 years are free
5 or more contact ECHO Trails
- Private tour with local English-speaking guide
- All transportation from and return to Lucerne
- Light lunch of traditional Alplermagrone
- Personal beverages
- Items of personal nature
What to wear/bring
- Water bottle
- Warm layered clothing; warm windproof and waterproof jacket
- Comfortable waterproof footwear
The tour departs rain or shine.
Full refund up to 24 hours prior to the tour departure.
50% refund if cancelled by 6.00 p.m. the day before departure.
No refund on the day of departure.
When in Switzerland, just dial 079-813-36-10 to reach our office
Booking within 5 days of your tour date?
Please contact us directly in Lucerne.
Calling outside of Switzerland: 41-79-813-36-10.
Calling within Switzerland: 079-813-36-10
or e-mail: email@example.com
Map for William Tell Swiss Path Hike