Winter William Tell Swiss Path Hike & Cruise
An easy hike on Switzerland’s historic trail
Lucerne – Treib – Seelisberg – Bauen – Ruetli – Brunnen – Vitznau – Weggis – Lucerne
This tour follows the historic beginnings of Switzerland while hiking the plateau panoramic national Swiss Path trail overlooking Lake Uri while surrounded by Swiss Alps and majestic scenery.
The Swiss Path descends to the lakeside picturesque village of Bauen nestled against the Oberbauen Mountain.
To wrap the day, we board the Lake Lucerne steamer for a sunset cruise back to the Lucerne train station.
A minimum of two people are needed to sign up for this superb guided hike.
- Walk on “the old mule track” used in the 13th century. Hike past the Beroldingen Castle
- Panoramic 2-1/2 to 3 hr hike along the plateau trail from Seelisberg to Bauen
- From the plateau vantage, there will be views of the “Ruelti” – the green meadow where Switzerland was founded in 1291
- Across Lake Uri you can see Tell’s Chapel marking the place where William Tell escaped his 13th century Habsburg monarch captors
- Guide will present a historical and cultural explanation of what you are seeing
- Scenic Lake Lucerne steamer 2 hr cruise from our Swiss Path hike
This is a 2-1/2 to 3 hour walk/hike.
There is leisure time in Bauen to relax and explore.
October to November
February to April
- Meet: 08:45 am – Under the arch in front of the Lucerne train station
- Departure leaves promptly at 09:08 am
- We return: 06:47 pm
Adult Standard: CHF 340.00 per person, based on 2 or more
Adult Standard: CHF 390.00 for one person
Adult with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Rate less CHF 45.00 per person
Adult with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Rate less CHF 95.00 per person
Child (Standard ages 6 to 16): CHF 170.00 per child
Child with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Child Rate less CHF 22.50 per child
Child with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Child Rate less CHF 47.50 per child
Children under 6 years are free
5 or more contact ECHO Trails
- Lake Lucerne steamer from Lucerne-Treib and from Bauen-Lucerne
- Funicular from Treib to Seelisberg
- English speaking, certified hiking guide accompanying the entire tour
- Items of personal nature.
- For the hike we recommended you bring 1-2 bottles of water.
The tour departs rain or shine.
Full refund up to 24 hours prior to the tour departure.
50% refund if cancelled by 6.00 p.m. the day before departure.
No refund on the day of departure.
When in Switzerland, just dial 079-813-36-10 to reach our office
Booking within 5 days of your tour date?
Please contact us directly in Lucerne.
Calling outside of Switzerland: 41-79-813-36-10.
Calling within Switzerland: 079-813-36-10
or e-mail: email@example.com
Map for William Tell Swiss Path Hike