William Tell Swiss Path Hike & Cruise
An easy hike on Switzerland’s historic trail
This tour follows the historic beginnings of Switzerland while hiking the plateau panoramic national Swiss Path trail overlooking Lake Uri while surrounded by Swiss Alps and majestic scenery.
The Swiss Path descends to the lakeside picturesque village of Bauen nestled against the Oberbauen Mountain.
To wrap the day, we board the Lake Lucerne steamer for a sunset cruise back to the Lucerne train station.
- Walk on “the old mule track” used in the 13th century
- Panoramic 2-1/2 to 3 hr hike along the plateau trail from Seelisberg to Bauen
- From the plateau vantage, there will be views of the “Ruelti” – the green meadow where Switzerland was founded in 1291
- Across Lake Uri you can see Tell’s Chapel marking the place where William Tell escaped his 13th century Habsburg monarch captors
- Guide will present a historical and cultural explanation of what you are seeing
- Scenic 2 hour Lake Lucerne steamer return to Lucerne
This is a 2,5 to 3,5 hour walk/hike over a distance of 6,2 kms
Depending on walking pace, there is usually time in Bauen to relax and take a swim in the lake
May through September Click here for alternate seasons
- Meet: 09:00 am – Under the arch in front of the Lucerne train station
- Departure leaves promptly at 09:27 am
- We return: 17:47 pm
Adult Standard: US $360 per person, based on 2 or more
Adult Standard: US $410 for one person
Adult with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Rate less US $47 per person
Adult with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Rate less US $99 per person
Child (Standard ages 6 to 16): US $180 per child
Child with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Child Rate less US $23.50 per child
Child with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Child Rate less US $49.50 per child
Children under 6 years are free
5 or more contact ECHO Trails
- All transportation from and return to Lucerne
- Outdoor Swiss-style picnic lunch (vegetarians also welcome but please warn us in advance)
- Lake Lucerne steamer from Bauen to Lucerne
- Private tour with English speaking hiking guide
- Items of personal nature.
- personal beverages
What to wear / bring
- Water / water bottle
- Comfortable shoes or trainers
- Wind and waterproof jacket, just in case
- sunhat and suncreme
Booking a Tour
Click on the red “Book Now” button
1. On the right hand side, select the Date you wish to take the tour in the Date Box
2. Input the number of participants: adults & children
3. Go To the Tour Box and click on BOOK button – the payment form will open
4. Under Options: See if you qualify for Swiss Pass or Half-Card tax – Select one or Select “No Card or Pass”
5. Review the final price – make sure it is correct
6. Read our Cancellation Policy – check the Terms & Conditions Box
7. Pay with either a PayPal account or debit/credit card
Once the payment has been processed, a written confirmation will be sent to your email address
Booking within 5 days of tour date?
Phone or text our Lucerne office – +41 79 813 3610 – to check if we can take you, before making a booking
The tour departs rain or shine.
Full refund up to 24 hours prior to the tour departure.
50% refund if cancelled by 6.00 p.m. the day before departure.
No refund on the day of departure.
When in Switzerland, just dial 079-813-36-10 to reach our office
Calling outside of Switzerland: 41-79-813-36-10.
Calling within Switzerland: 079-813-36-10
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Map for William Tell Swiss Path Hike