Semi-Guided Hike of the Jungfrau Region – Via Alpina #1
The Swiss Alps Jungfrau Region – The hiking trail that takes you through the “Heart of the Swiss Alps”
Semi-Guided is an exciting new format: giving you the freedom to hike at your own pace with beautiful lodging awaiting your arrival and assistance of detail maps and remote support.
Experience one of the best hikes in the world: the Jungfrau region. Follow Via Alpina #1, a multi-nation trail that crosses Switzerland’s Alpine passes. This has breathtaking panoramas all at lower altitudes from 3,000 to 7,000 ft.
Spend 9 days in Switzerland’s Alpine wonderland resting at 4 different resorts.
Spend the entire first hiking day with a local Swiss resident English speaking guide, who will explain everything in detail.
Along this trail you experience awesome breathtaking views of glaciers, dramatic mountain peaks, Sound of Music green pastures with alpine flora and fauna with cow bells often ringing in the air.
Recover each evening by staying at wonderful lodges with great meals and wonderful accommodations, baggage magically transported for you.
The Semi-Guided program is designed for independent hiking – yet traveling with a “Peace of Mind” guarantee
- Travel when dates fit your schedule
- Peace of Mind from the start: You will be greeted outside Zürich’s airport and accompanied to your hotel
- Travel with Convenience: Lodging and baggage transfer are handled for you
- Hike at your own pace – Stop to relax and take in the awesome Alpine views
- Recuperate at beautiful 3 to 4 star lodges with wonderful foods
- Safely Travel with cultural immersion
- This hike was developed and is overseen by Swiss experts – including the detailed planned itinerary
You choose your travel dates, who you travel with and your hiking pace. In your comfy hotel, sleep in, get up early, get to a beautiful spot and or just stay put for a while and bask in the surrounding beauty.
Each day you choose how you want to spend it.
June 1 through September 30 is the best season for this program. Earlier, or later, some of the trails may have snow.
Yes – You Can Do This!
- If you have an average fitness level and are energetic, active, filled with the spirit of adventure and enjoy interacting with the locals.
- If you like to walk at a 2 mile an hour pace with varying durations each day. You will mostly be at elevation ranges of 3,000 ft. to 7,000ft.
- Hike on TI easy recreational trails 80% of the time; 20% on T2 mountain trails that are medium to more strenuous.
- Daily average hiking times – 3 to 4 hours.
- Daily average hiking distances – 5 to 8 miles
Testimonials recently posted at Trip Advisor
There are soo many reasons that my husband and I loved this trip with Rene and Suzanne as our guides. The main reason: they made it magical!
We hiked with a small group from hotel to hotel along the Alpina 1 and they transported our luggage. This was the best glamping imaginable! Their knowledge of the trails, the region, and the accommodations made it possible for us to just show up and enjoy the scenery!
I loved the hiking options they made available for our group, too. The options were so well planned that even if someone chose to hike less on any day, they would still enjoy the mountains, trails and Swiss Alps. My husband found the hard to find Edelweiss on a small steep alp below the Matterhorn. And yes, the Sound of Music tracks played in my head over and over. It was the best trip ever..
This gives me an opportunity to write to thank you and Suzanne for the most wonderful vacation/experience we had over the past 10 days.
You took us to the most beautiful places and showed us the best of Alps. I can’t stop thinking about some of the peaks we explored and how we challenged ourselves to higher elevations. I now have to contend with our photos of a great trip.
I think the trip was very well organized, the accommodations were great and the food was excellent. Your care and generosity was exemplary. I shall live with the memories of this great trip for life.
This was such a great trip where we experienced one fabulous view after another, from Engleberg to Zermatt.
We covered lots of ground in gondolas, trains and sometimes, buses. One of the trains even traveled through and close to the top of the Eiger and the Jungfrau.
Each day’s hiking was carefully planned with consideration of each group member’s capabilities. Everyone was accommodated. We hiked most days over a ten day period and Rene worked tirelessly to ensure we met all precise Swiss travel timetables and was a constant source of information of the current area and it’s history.
5 stars! The week with Rene and Suzanne in the Alps exceeded all expectations. Beautiful weather, amazing scenery, great company and lots of happy hiking. I would love to do another trip with Echo Trails.
Jenny, New Zealand
Booking a Tour
Click on the red “Book Now” button 1. On the right hand side, select the Date you wish to take the tour in the Date Box 2. Input the number of participants: adults & children 3. Go To the Tour Box and click on BOOK button – the payment form will open 4. Under Options: See if you qualify for Swiss Pass or Half-Card tax – Select one or Select “No Card or Pass” 5. Review the final price – make sure it is correct 6. Read our Cancellation Policy – check the Terms & Conditions Box 7. Pay with either a PayPal account or debit/credit card Once the payment has been processed, a written confirmation will be sent to your email address
2020 & 2021 – Amended Cancellation policy
With concerns about the coronavirus we have revised our cancellation to make it more flexible:
· Cancellations made more than 90 days prior to departure are subject to a $200.- per person cancellation fee.
· Cancellations made 31 to 90 days prior to departure are subject to $500.- per person cancellation fee
· Cancellations made within 30 days prior to departure are subject to a 100% non-refundable cancellation fee.
Swiss hotel and transportation suppliers require pre-payments and have strict non-cancellation policies.
Transportation vouchers and rail passes are bearer documents and cannot be refunded if lost or stolen.
Changes? When in Switzerland, just dial 079-813-36-10 to reach our office