Mt Rigi Day Trip
Locals agree that Mt Rigi is one of Switzerland’s most favorite places for hiking
Mount Rigi, also known as the “Queen of the Mountains”, is THE mountain peak where Swiss alpine tourism began over 200 years ago. It may not be as high as its opposite peak, Mt Pilatus, but a round trip to the summit of Mt Rigi and a hike along its ridge path with spectacular views is always worth the trip.
Highlights of this tour:
- 2-3 hours of easy walking on marked trails with panoramic views over the Alps and lakes
- Light outdoor grill lunch (Vegetarians – please warn us in advance!)
- 4 types of public transportation – local train, cogwheel railway, aerial cableway and and boat
- Option to include time at the Rigi Kaltbad Mineral Spa Bath indoor/outdoor facilities
This is an easy to moderate 2-1/2 to 3 hour hike on mountain paths and trails, alpine meadows, rocky ridge path
April to October Click here for alternate seasons
- Meet: 08:00 am – Under the arch in front of the Lucerne train station
- We depart at 08:18 am
- We return: 17:47 pm
Adult Standard: CHF 340.00 per person, based on 2 or more
Adult Standard: CHF 390.00 for one person
Adult with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Rate less CHF 45.00 per person
Adult with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Rate less CHF 95.00 per person
Child (Standard ages 6 to 15): CHF 170.00 per child
Child with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Child Rate less CHF 22.50 per child
Child with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Child Rate less CHF 47.50 per child
Children 0-5 years are free
5 or more contact ECHO Trails
- Private tour with experienced local English-speaking guide
- Light grill lunch of Swiss sausage selection (Vegetarians also most welcome but please give us advance warning!)
- All transportation from and return to Lucerne
- Alcoholic beverages – can be purchased at the nearby Alpine inn
- Entry to the mineral spa baths (CHF 37)
- All items of a personal nature
What to wear / bring
- Water bottle
- Sunhat and suncreme
- Sturdy footwear / trainers with a solid sole
- Warm layered clothing, especially a wind and waterproof jacket – it can get cold on the mountain.
Booking a Tour
Click on the red “Book Now” button
1. On the right hand side, select the Date you wish to take the tour in the Date Box
2. Input the number of participants: adults & children
3. Go To the Tour Box and click on BOOK button – the payment form will open
4. Under Options: See if you qualify for Swiss Pass or Half-Card tax – Select one or Select “No Card or Pass”
5. Review the final price – make sure it is correct
6. Read our Cancellation Policy – check the Terms & Conditions Box
7. Pay with either a PayPal account or debit/credit card
Once the payment has been processed, a written confirmation will be sent to your email address
Booking within 5 days of tour date?
Phone or text our Lucerne office – +41 79 813 3610 – to check if we can take you, before making a booking
The tour departs rain or shine.
Full refund up to 24 hours prior to the tour departure.
50% refund if cancelled by 6.00 p.m. the day before departure.
No refund on the day of departure.
When in Switzerland, just dial 079-813-36-10 to reach our office
Calling outside of Switzerland: 41-79-813-36-10.
Calling within Switzerland: 079-813-36-10
or e-mail: email@example.com
Map for Backpacker’s Mt. Rigi