Mt Pilatus Day Trip
The ‘Haute Route’ of Lucerne
Mt. Pilatus is a great Switzerland Tour
At 7,000 ft / 2,200 m, you definitely feel you are in the Alps.
Before you get to the top you hike on signposted trails and see the jagged limestone conglomerate rocks that much of the Alps is made of. Along the way you see pastures and hear the sounds of the Swiss cowbells
- Incredible Alpine views
- 40 minute scenic bus ride through the Lucerne countryside
- 1-1/2 hours hike through the Eigenthal valley
- 20 minutes panorama gondolas and “Dragon Ride” cableway to the top of Mt. Pilatus
- 1 hour round trip hike on the Flower Trail on top of the Mount Pilatus
- Safe, signposted trails
- Lunch stop with a choice of picnic (bring your own) or at a rustic mountain restaurant (not included in rate)
- Option to include a Rope Park & Rodelbahn (summer luge) for an additional “Adrenaline Rush” experience. Your Guide can review the various Mt. Pilatus tour options with you in the morning when you meet to determine your preference
- 40-minute ride on worlds steepest cogwheel train
- One hour boat cruise to Lucerne train station
This is an easy to moderate 2 to 2,5 hour hike on mountain contour path and rocky summit trail (with safety railings)
June to October (also possible from mid-May but check with us first before booking)
- Meet: 08:45 am – Under the arch in front of the Lucerne train station
- We depart at 09:10 am
- We return: 17:40 pm
Adult Standard: CHF 345.00 per person, based on 2 or more
Adult Standard: CHF 395.00 for one person
Adult with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Rate less CHF 50.00 per person
Adult with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Rate less CHF 100.00 per person
Child (Standard ages 6 to 15): CHF 172.50 per child
Child with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Child Rate less CHF 25.00 per child
Child with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Child Rate less CHF 50.00 per child
Children 0-5 years are free
All transportation mentioned in the itinerary.
Private tour with English-speaking guide with extensive knowledge and experience of living in Switzerland
Food and beverages – can purchase picnic items or eat at summit restaurant
Items of personal nature.
What to wear/bring
Water / water bottle
Comfortable footwear with a sturdy sole; good quality trainers with a strong sole can also be used
Wind and waterproof outer clothing (it gets cold on the mountain!)
Warm layered clothing
Booking a Tour
Click on the red “Book Now” button
1. On the right hand side, select the Date you wish to take the tour in the Date Box
2. Input the number of participants: adults & children
3. Go To the Tour Box and click on BOOK button – the payment form will open
4. Under Options: See if you qualify for Swiss Pass or Half-Card tax – Select one or Select “No Card or Pass”
5. Review the final price – make sure it is correct
6. Read our Cancellation Policy – check the Terms & Conditions Box
7. Pay with either a PayPal account or debit/credit card
Once the payment has been processed, a written confirmation will be sent to your email address
Booking within 5 days of tour date?
Phone or text our Lucerne office – +41 79 813 3610 – to check if we can take you, before making a booking
The tour departs rain or shine.
Full refund up to 24 hours prior to the tour departure.
50% refund if cancelled by 6.00 p.m. the day before departure.
No refund on the day of departure.
When in Switzerland, just dial 079-813-36-10 to reach our office
Booking within 5 days of your tour date?
Please contact us directly in Lucerne.
Calling outside of Switzerland: 41-79-813-36-10.
Calling within Switzerland: 079-813-36-10
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Map for Mt. Pilatus