Mt Pilatus Day Trip
The ‘Haute Route’ of Lucerne
Mt. Pilatus is a great Switzerland Tour
At 7,000 ft / 2,200 m, you definitely feel you are in the Alps.
Before you get to the top you hike on signposted trails and see the jagged limestone conglomerate rocks that much of the Alps is made of. Along the way you see pastures and hear the sounds of the Swiss cowbells
- Incredible Alpine views
- 40 minute scenic bus ride through the Lucerne countryside
- 1-1/2 hours hike through the Eigenthal valley
- 20 minutes panorama gondolas and “Dragon Ride” cableway to the top of Mt. Pilatus
- 1 hour round trip hike on the Flower Trail on top of the Mount Pilatus
- Safe, signposted trails
- Lunch stop with a choice of picnic (bring your own) or at a rustic mountain restaurant (not included in rate)
- Option to include a Ropes Park & Rodelbahn (summer luge) experience. A number of families have enjoyed this added “Adrenaline Rush” doing this together.Your Guide can review the various Mt. Pilatus tour options with you in the morning when you meet to determine your preference
- 40-minute ride on worlds steepest cogwheel train
- One hour boat cruise to Lucerne train station
This is an easy to moderate 2-1/2 to 3 hour hike
mid-May to October
- Meet: 08:45 am – Under the arch in front of the Lucerne train station
- We depart at 09:10 am
- We return: 17:40 pm
Adult Standard: CHF 345.00 per person, based on 2 or more
Adult Standard: CHF 395.00 for one person
Adult with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Rate less CHF 50.00 per person
Adult with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Rate less CHF 100.00 per person
Child (Standard ages 6 to 15): CHF 172.50 per child
Child with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Child Rate less CHF 25.00 per child
Child with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Child Rate less CHF 50.00 per child
Children 0-5 years are free
All transportation mentioned in the itinerary.
English speaking, certified hiking guide
Items of personal nature.
What to wear/bring
Comfortable footwear with a sturdy sole; good quality trainers with a strong sole can also be used
Wind and waterproof outer clothing (it gets cold on the mountain!)
Warm layered clothing
The tour departs rain or shine.
Full refund up to 24 hours prior to the tour departure.
50% refund if cancelled by 6.00 p.m. the day before departure.
No refund on the day of departure.
When in Switzerland, just dial 079-813-36-10 to reach our office
Booking within 5 days of your tour date?
Please contact us directly in Lucerne.
Calling outside of Switzerland: 41-79-813-36-10.
Calling within Switzerland: 079-813-36-10
or e-mail: email@example.com
Map for Mt. Pilatus