Heart of the Swiss Alps – Day Trip
Explore Switzerland’s Engelberg Valley
Luzern – Engelberg – Fuerenalp
Spend a day in the Engelberg Valley with 2 ½ to 3 hours of hiking surrounded by Swiss Alps, green pastures, snow capped peaks, glaciers, grazing Swiss cows, water falls and streams with lunch stop at an alpine restaurant.
- Unforgettable experience and views
- Visit the world famous village of Engelberg with its 12th century living monastery
- Three hours of hiking in the very heart of the Swiss Alps
- Enjoy a picnic with a view to die for or stop for lunch at an authentic Alpine restaurant
- Use of Swiss public transportation system
Consider this a beautiful 3,5 to 4,5 hour walk/hike over 10,5 kms/6,5 miles surrounded by alpine magnificence
June to October (may also be possible from mid-May, but check with us first!)
- Meet: 07:45 am – Under the arch in front of the Lucerne train station
- Train departure leaves promptly at 8:10 am
- We return: 17:54 (5:54 pm)
Adult Standard: CHF 290.00 per person, based on 2 or more
Adult Standard: CHF 340.00 for one person
Adult with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Rate less CHF 30.00 per person
Adult with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Rate less CHF 50.00 per person
Child (Standard ages 6 to 16): CHF 145.00 per child
Child with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Child Rate less CHF 15.00 per child
Child with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Child Rate less CHF 25.00 per child
Children under 6 years are free
5 or more contact ECHO Trails
- All transportation mentioned in the itinerary
- Private tour with expert local English-speaking guide who is happy to give you as much information as you want and to answer any questions about Switzerland – the country, its heritage and its culture.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Food and beverages – take a picnic lunch, or to stop at a mountain inn
What to wear / bring
- Water bottle & plenty of water
- Comfortable footwear with sturdy soles that have a good grip; ankle-high boots are not essential but highly recommended for ankle support
- Warm layered windproof clothing
- Sunhat and suncreme
Booking a Tour
Click on the red “Book Now” button
1. On the right hand side, select the Date you wish to take the tour in the Date Box
2. Input the number of participants: adults & children
3. Go To the Tour Box and click on BOOK button – the payment form will open
4. Under Options: See if you qualify for Swiss Pass or Half-Card tax – Select one or Select “No Card or Pass”
5. Review the final price – make sure it is correct
6. Read our Cancellation Policy – check the Terms & Conditions Box
7. Pay with either a PayPal account or debit/credit card
Once the payment has been processed, a written confirmation will be sent to your email address
Booking within 5 days of tour date?
Phone or text our Lucerne office – +41 79 813 3610 – to check if we can take you, before making a booking
The tour departs rain or shine.
Full refund up to 24 hours prior to the tour departure.
50% refund if cancelled by 6.00 p.m. the day before departure.
No refund on the day of departure.
When in Switzerland, just dial 079-813-36-10 to reach our office
Calling outside of Switzerland: 41-79-813-36-10.
Calling within Switzerland: 079-813-36-10
or e-mail: email@example.com
Map for in the Heart of the Alps