Grindelwald Day Trips
Grindelwald Guided Day Hike
Hike in the Heart of the Swiss Alps in the Grindelwald – Jungfrau – Eiger Region
Hike on safe, sign-posted mountain trails in a hiking paradise with stunning views of dramatic mountain peaks and glaciers, green pastures and Alpine flora and fauna, often with cow bells clanking all around.
Enjoy panoramic views of the famous Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountain peaks.
Three different hikes of 3 to 4 hours each, from easy to challenging, allow everyone, regardless of level of fitness and hiking ability, to enjoy a beautiful day in nature.
Choose your hike on the day according to the prevailing weather conditions and your energy levels:
- Panoramic Hike offers the best views of the Eiger, Mönch, Jungfrau mountain peaks. 4 hours total hiking, 8 miles distance, 700 ft up / 1800 ft down
- Eiger Trail offers stunning views of the Eiger. 3 to 4 hours total hiking, 4 miles distance, depending which way you do this hike it’s either 2200 ft down or 2200 ft up.
- Glacier Walk is very scenic even when the weather is not ideal. 3 hours total hiking, 6 miles distance, 1200 ft up and 1200 ft down.
All hikes are inclusive of transportation with an expert local English-speaking Swiss guide who is happy to answer any questions about Switzerland – the country, its heritage and its culture.
Hikes consist of 3 to 4 hours on safe public sign posted “mountain trails” consisting of gravel, dirt, rocky, wide and narrow trails.
Elevation change: 1200 ft up/down to 2200 ft. up/down – depends upon which hike is selected
June 15, 2018 to Oct. 15, 2018
Meet at the Grindelwald Sports shop where you can also pick up any last minute items.
Adult Standard: US $525 per person, based on 2 or more
Adult Standard: US $820 for one person
Adult with Half-Tax Card Swiss or Jungfrau Travel Pass: Standard Rates less US $25 per person
5 or more contact ECHO Trails
All transportation mentioned in the itinerary.
Expert local English speaking hiking guide
Items of personal nature.
What to bring/wear
A bottle of water
Ankle high hiking shoes are recommended but not obligatory
Bring appropriate outdoor clothing
Booking a Tour
Click on the red “Book Now” button
1. On the right hand side, select the Date you wish to take the tour in the Date Box
2. Input the number of participants: adults & children
3. Go To the Tour Box and click on BOOK button – the payment form will open
4. Under Options: See if you qualify for Swiss Pass or Half-Card tax – Select one or Select “No Card or Pass”
5. Review the final price – make sure it is correct
6. Read our Cancellation Policy – check the Terms & Conditions Box
7. Pay with either a PayPal account or debit/credit card
Once the payment has been processed, a written confirmation will be sent to your email address
Booking within 7 days of tour date?
Phone or text our Lucerne office – +41 79 813 3610 – to check if we can take you, before making a booking
The tour departs rain or shine.
Full refund up to 24 hours prior to the tour departure.
50% refund if cancelled by 6.00 p.m. the day before departure.
No refund on the day of departure.
When in Switzerland, just dial 079-813-36-10 to reach our office
Calling outside of Switzerland: 41-79-813-36-10.
Calling within Switzerland: 079-813-36-10
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tina will be your guide. She resides in Grindelwald
She grew up in Amriswil (located in the north of Switzerland), and has been guiding visitors for the past 8 years.
Quote from Tina
What I like about the area: Grindelwald combines so many interesting things for hikers: smooth green meadows, all kinds of rocks, an assortment of animals, snow, forest, steep rockfaces, and gentle hiking trails.
It lies very close to the big mountains of Switzerland – when the weather is beautiful, the views are just amazing.
There are hiking trails for everybody: one can hike high up or low down, walk in the sun or, when it’s warmer in summertime, in the shade. There are easy as well as more difficult trails.
It is just a paradise for hikers.
Because Tina grew up in Switzerland she’ll be able to answer many of questions you have about Switzerland –
the country, its heritage, and its culture.
Hiking Map for Grindelwald