Breathtaking Swiss Alps – Trains and Walking 7 Days Tour
7 days – 6 nights tour designed for people who want to experience Switzerland’s people, culture and cuisine while viewing its spectacular scenery from the panoramic windows of its amazing long-distance trains.
Spectacular Swiss Alps with great train journeys, cable car ascents and walks on Alpine trails
An active Guided Tour with 2-night stays at beautiful hotels/lodges.
3-course dinners and Swiss power breakfasts – not just mueslix.
We take easy trails on the Swiss Alps
Tour Panoramic St. Moritz
This tour is designed for people who want to experience Switzerland’s people, culture and cuisine while viewing its spectacular scenery from the panoramic windows of its amazing long-distance trains.
It is similar to our 12 days tour but available for those who prefer a shorter schedule
- Travel in a small group – 16 people or less
- 2 night stays in each location
- See and experience the most spectacular scenic Alps
- Enjoy Switzerland’s majestic scenery in the First Class sections on the most famous smooth & comfortable trains
- The Glacier Express, Bernina Express, Voralpen Express, GoldenPass Line and Furka Steam Train
- Learn about Swiss way of life, 4 national languages, government, and its tradition of democracy
- Luggage transferred daily for you – no baggage-carrying hassles – carry a day-pack
- Includes St. Gallen Abbey UNESCO Library – This is a 9th century library, the oldest in Switzerland. One of the world’s largest and oldest libraries
- Includes top secret Swiss Military fortress in the Gotthard pass – recently decommissioned
- Expert speakers on Switzerland’s ecology, trains, and transportation systems
- Our local Swiss Resident English speaking guide will accompany you throughout the Tour
- Easy guided walking tours – you choose as much or as little
- Lifetime of great memories and moments
All our Rails & Trails tours are designed with the “first hand” visitor input in mind. Our tours are designed to showcase the joys of Switzerland tailored to your interests and fitness.
Join us for one of the most memorable trips of your lifetime.
If a 7 days tour is too much, we also offer a shorter 3 Day Swiss highlight alternative:
A guided Swiss tour featuring magnificent train rides, walks, views, foods, and lodging, focusing on Switzerland’s legendary railways combined with walks/hikes and wonderful hospitality.
Along our travels, we have arranged for Expert Speakers to discuss the region’s unique characteristics.
Click here for more information about the Expert Speakers
Echo Trails offers the largest number of Swiss trains:
- Furka Steam Train – restored 1920s steam train over the 7,270 ft Furka pass ride – one of the great Swiss Alps steam journeys
- Glacier Express – Classic narrow gauge railway with panoramic windows
- Bernina Express – journey up to the 7,391 ft Ospizio summit – one of Europe’s highest rail stations
- Voralpen Express – gateway to scenic Eastern Switzerland
- Mt. Pilatus – narrow gauge; first started running in 1889; steepest cogwheel train in the world at 48% gradient
- Mr. Rigi – narrow gauge from 1871; first cogwheel train in Europe
Ascend up mountain peaks on these cable cars:
- St. Moritz-Corvatsch to 10,826 ft.
- St. Moritz-Diavolezza to 9,770 ft.
- Lucerne-Mt. Pilatus to 6,561 ft.
‘Off the Rails’ Experiences with expert speakers, optional walks/hikes and excursions:
Enjoy exploring the beautiful Alpine countryside surrounding each town with non-strenuous walks and modest hikes and scenic excursions
- Lucerne – walk through the historic old town
- St. Gallen – Abbey Library, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with 8th century manuscripts
- Andermatt – Former top secret World War II military bunker deep in the Gotthard mountains
- St. Moritz – Panorama trail with scenic views of the surrounding Bernina Mts and Engadine Valley
We also offer an optional Pre-Tour feature. This includes:
- Meet and Greet your Guide directly at the airport
- First Class Train Transfer from Airport to Lucerne
- One night accommodation in beautiful Lucerne including Dinner and Breakfast
- A beautiful half-day Panorama guided walk
Schedule – Grand 7 Days Swiss Alps Rails & Trails Tour
If there is demand, we can create additional dates in October, as the weather is still ideal in the Swiss Alps
June 28 – July 9 – 6 seats available
July 19 – July 30 – 12 seats available
August 9 – August 20 – 4 seats available
August 30 – September 10 – 8 seats available
September 13 – September 24 – 12 seats available
Please note the final day
For example on July 4, 2020 we eat our final power breakfast in Andermatt.
Then you are free to depart on your own – wishing you a fond farewell.
June 6 – June 12
June 27 – July 3
July 11 – July 17
August 8 – August 14
August 22 – August 28
September 5 – September 11
September 19 – September 25
Adult Standard: US $4,775* per person, based on 2 or more
Adult Standard: US $370 single person supplement
10% Deposit secures the booking – balance due 90 days before the departure date
- Services of a local Swiss Resident English-speaking guide
- 1st Class Rail Pass throughout
- 2 nights Lucerne
- 2 nights St. Moritz
- 2 nights Andermatt
- 3-course dinners each evening and full Swiss breakfasts each morning
- All ground transportation including mountain railways and cable cars, and admission costs
- Daily transfer of your luggage directly from hotel to hotel – carry only your day-pack
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Items for personal use
* Currency Exchange
The US$ / Swiss Franc currency exchange rates have been relatively stable over the years. However, should the currency exchange rate change more than 2% at time of the final payment, we reserve the right to add the net difference to your final amount.
Booking a Tour
Click on the red “Book Now” button
1. On the right hand side, select the Date you wish to take the tour in the Date Box
2. Input the number of participants
3. Go To the Tour Box and click on BOOK button – the payment form will open
4. Review the final price – make sure it is correct
5. Read our Cancellation Policy – check the Terms & Conditions Box
6. Pay with either a PayPal account or debit/credit card
Once the payment has been processed, a written confirmation will be sent to your email address
2020 & 2021 – Amended Cancellation policy
With concerns about the coronavirus we have revised our cancellation to make it more flexible:
· Cancellations made before 90 days prior to departure are subject to a $200.- per person cancellation fee.
· Cancellations made 45 to 90 days prior to departure are subject to $500.- per person cancellation fee
· Cancellations made 31 to 44 days prior to departure are subject to $1,000.- per person cancellation fee
· Cancellations made within 30 days prior to departure are subject to a 100% non-refundable cancellation fee.
Swiss hotel and transportation suppliers require pre-payments and have strict non-cancellation policies.
Transportation vouchers and rail passes are bearer documents and cannot be refunded if lost or stolen.
Changes? When in Switzerland, just dial 079-813-36-10 to reach our office