ECHO Rails & Trails 7 Day Tour: Lugano-Zürich Airport
An active 7-day guided tour on great Swiss train journeys combined with walks on spectacular Alpine Trails
2 night stays at beautiful hotels/lodges with 3-course dinners and full Swiss breakfasts
This tour is designed for people who want to experience Switzerland’s culture and cuisine while viewing its spectacular scenery through panoramic train windows.
In order to accommodate people who may not be available for a 13-day tour, we offer a 7-day version – join us from on the journey from Lugano through to Grindelwald and on to Zürich Airport via Zermatt and Montreux with excursions to Como (Italy), the Matterhorn and the Jungfrau.
- See and experience the most scenic Alp – great Swiss rail rides
- Guided Walking Tours in each city/village
- Travel in a small group – 14 to 16 people max
- Enjoy Switzerland’s majestic scenery in First Class on some of the most famous trains
- Travel on the Italian-Swiss Centovalli Railway, GoldenPass Line, Gornergrat Rail and Jungfrau Rail
- Luggage transferred daily for you – no baggage-carrying hassle
- Two English-speaking guides, one is Swiss-born and California-raised.
- Learn about Swiss cheese, chocolate, wines, and Swiss life
- Lifetime of great memories and moments
A guided Swiss tour featuring magnificent train and cable car rides, walks, views, foods and lodging – focusing on Switzerland’s legendary railways combined with walks/hikes and wonderful hospiitality
English-speaking guides accompany you on walks through each city and non-strenuous hikes to explore the beautiful Alpine countryside.
Rides include cable cars, cogwheel trains, steam engine rides, and Switzerland’s finest express trains sitting in first class.
English speaking guides accompany you on walks through each city. Afterwards one can choose a non-strenuous walks or hike to explore the beautiful Alpine countryside, adjacent each city.
7-Day Tour # 2 – Lugano through to Zürich Airport
Travel on these trains:
- Centovalli Railway – an Italian-Swiss train and “hidden gem” traveling through Southern Switzerland valleys, gorges and rivers
- GoldenPass Line – using restored Belle Epoque-era railcars to travel from French-speaking Montreux through the beautiful Simmental valley past the famous resort of Gstaad to Swiss-German speaking Interlaken/Grindelwald
- Zermatt Matterhorn Gornergrat – a mountain rack-rail launched in 1898, for the most iconic views of the Matterhorn
- Jungfraujoch Rail – mountain rack-rail – 1912 incredible tunnel engineering through the Eiger
‘Off the Rails’ Excursions and Experiences on optional walks/hikes and scenic excursions:
- Lugano – lakeside Olive Trail walk & outdoor grotto risotto dinner
- Como (Italy) – historic old town and winding shoreline to the exquisite villas of Bellagio (full day excursion)
- Montreux – Chillon Castle, Lake Geneva and landscaped lakeside walk
- Lauterbrunnen Valley – walk beneath 600 ft cliffs and 71 waterfalls
- Trümmelbach Falls – spectacular glacier-fed waterfall inside the mountain
- Lake Thun – steamer ride with views of Jungfrau and surrounding mountains
2019 Schedule – 7-Day Swiss Alps Rails & Trails Tour #2 – Lugano to Zürich Airport
August 11 to 17, 2019
September 1 to September 7, 2019
Rates – 7-Day Tour #2
Adult Standard: CHF 5,499 per person, based on 2 or more
Adult Standard: CHF 350 single supplement
Reserve your place on this tour with a 10% per person deposit Click here to Book the 7 day tour #2
- Services of 2 expert English-speaking guides
- 8-Day 1st Class Rail Pass
- 2 nights Lugano
- 2 nights Zermatt
- 2 nights Grindelwald
- 1 night Airport Hotel
- 3-course dinners each evening and full Swiss breakfasts each morning
- All ground transportation including mountain railways and cable cars, and admission costs
- Daily transfer of your luggage directly from hotel to hotel – carry only your day-pack
Items of personal nature.
Booking a Tour
Click on the red “Book Now” button
1. On the right hand side, select the Date you wish to take the tour in the Date Box
2. Input the number of participants
3. Go To the Tour Box and click on BOOK button – the payment form will open
4. Review the final price – make sure it is correct
5. Read our Cancellation Policy – check the Terms & Conditions Box
6. Pay with either a PayPal account or debit/credit card
Once the payment has been processed, a written confirmation will be sent to your email address
- Cancellations made more than 60 days prior to departure are refundable less a $100 per person service fee.
- Cancellations made between 60 and 15 days prior to departure are subject to a $500 per person cancellation penalty.
- Cancellations made less than 15 days before departure are subject to a $1000 cancellation penalty.
- Cancellation of individual room nights or non-use of prepaid meals are not refundable.
Transportation vouchers and railpasses are bearer documents and cannot be refunded if lost or stolen.
When in Switzerland,contact our Lucerne office: +41 79 813 36 10
Booking within 30 days of your tour date?
Please contact us directly in Lucerne.
Calling from outside of Switzerland: +41-79-813-36-10.
Calling from within Switzerland using a local telephone: 079-813-36-10
or e-mail: email@example.com