Backpacker Mt Rigi Day Trip
One of TripAdvisor’s most recommended hiking places
The Backpacker’s Mt. Rigi Hike is for those who want “a more challenging hike” at “an affordable” rate
ECHO Trails, owner, René, scouted and hiked this with his 28 year old son. The 5 ½ to 6 hour, 1200 m/ 3600 ft total altitude gain provided the “good workout”.
After the hike, his son gave the hike a thumbs up. And he still talks with his father!
The “T2” degree of difficulty hike is very doable.
However we highly recommend wearing ankle high hiking shoes, not sneakers.
A minimum of two people are needed to sign up for this superb guided hike.
- View the wonderful Alps and Lake Lucerne vistas throughout the hike.
- Experience a 5-1/2 to 6 hour scenic hike along sign-posted trails through orchards, green pastures, forests, summits, with a total altitude gain of 1200 m./3600 ft.
- Meet Swiss locals on the trail and engage in things of mutual interest.
- Enjoy the taste of local Swiss sausages “slow food” in one of the scenic public grilling sites. (Let us know if you are vegetarian and we will grill tofu shish kebabs)
- Hear “Switzerland 101” in just one day. Gain an insight into the people and place. Your guide will explain the ecology, history and culture of the Mt. Rigi area where people from all over the continent have been coming for over 500 years.
- Your knowledge of Switzerland will be vastly enhanced. You return with a sense of how Switzerland was formed, founded and functions today.
- At night you reward yourself with the self-satisfaction you know you have earned your drinks!
This is a T2 hike – it’s doable – but will give a real workout over 6 hours
May to October
- Meet: 08:00 am – Under the arch in front of the Lucerne train station
- Train departure leaves promptly at 8:06 am
- We return: 18:41 pm
Adult Standard: CHF 230.00 per person, based on 2 or more
Adult Standard: CHF 280.00 for one person
Adult with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Rate less CHF 20.00 per person
Adult with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Rate less CHF 40.00 per person
5 or more contact ECHO Trails
- All transportation by train and bus to starting point, cable car down from the summit, and return train ride to Lucerne.
- English speaking, certified hiking guide
- Swiss sausage grill lunch (vegetarians also welcome but please give us advance warning!)
- Items of personal nature.
- Drinks at the grilling area can be purchased at the nearby Alpine inn.
- For the hike we recommended you bring 1-2 bottles of water.
- Wear ankle high hiking shoes.
- Drinks & Celebration in the evening for having completed a great hike.
The tour departs rain or shine.
Full refund up to 24 hours prior to the tour departure.
50% refund if cancelled by 6.00 p.m. the day before departure.
No refund on the day of departure.
When in Switzerland, just dial 079-813-36-10 to reach our office
Booking within 5 days of your tour date?
Please contact us directly in Lucerne.
Calling outside of Switzerland: 41-79-813-36-10.
Calling within Switzerland: 079-813-36-10
or e-mail: email@example.com
Map for Mt. Rigi