Alpine Peak to Peak Ridge Hike
A Hike with Spectacular Views of the Lucerne area
We rate this as a medium to challenging hike.
A minimum of two people are needed to sign up for this superb guided hike.
- A hike at 1850 meters/6000 feet along a spectacular ridge path
- Unforgettable 360 degree views over the Alps and 10 lakes
- Ride the world’s steepest funicular railway followed by chairlift with spectacular views
- Learn about high Alpine farming and its special challenges
- Full day tour of about 4 to 5 hours on foot. Hiking a distance of approx. 6.5 kilometers, 4 miles
- This is a quiet, private, tour where you can learn about the Lucerne area and Switzerland – while enjoying great Alpine views
Experience unforgettable 360 degree views over the Alps and 10 lakes.
Enjoy the sight and sounds of cows and cowbells in the peaceful Alpine landscape with its amazing variety of Alpine flora.
Enjoy an unusual ride in a chairlift.
Learn about high Alpine farming, its importance in maintaining the environment and its special challenges.
Go at the pace you’re comfortable with that allows you to relax and take in the Alpine air and scenery.
What an amazing day! After meeting our guide Andrea at the Lucerne hotel, we took a train, bus, funicular and chairlift to get to the top of the peak. All were on time and fun in their own way (especially the newly built funicular, an engineering wonder).
Once atop the peak, we hiked for 3.5 hours along the ridge. Words cannot describe the beauty we saw. We were blessed with a beautiful day so short sleeves and shorts or pants were perfect. I recommend hiking boots, or even hiking shoes, and not sneakers.
There were 7 adults, most between 57-60, moderately fit. It was more difficult for some than others but Andrea stayed with those who lagged behind encouraging us along the way. We were never made to feel like we had to rush.
Once at the 2nd peak we had a delicious meal, cafeteria style. We chose to hike 1/2 way down instead of taking the first of 2 descending chairlifts and by doing so we stopped at a farm and purchased fresh mountain cheese. Our trip back to Lucerne was reversed with the funicular, bus and train.
In the end, it was an 11 hour day and we enjoyed every single moment. We couldn’t have had a better guide, Andrea was sooo nice, so patient and so helpful. He even helped us navigate the purchase of our own train tickets for our train ride the next day.
I highly, highly recommend this tour. It is 1 week later and I am still on a “high”.
Dianne – Richmond, Virginia
July 1 to October 21
- Meet: 07:45 am – Under the arch in front of the Lucerne Main Train Station
- We return: 17:54 pm at the Lucerne Main Train Station
|Adult Standard: US $410 per person, based on 2 or more|
|Adult Standard: US $535 for one person|
|Adult with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Rate less US $47 per person|
|Adult with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Rate less US $99 per person|
|5 or more contact ECHO Trails|
- All transportation from and return to Lucerne.
- Private tour with English speaking hiking guide
- All activities mentioned in the tour
- Items of personal nature.
- Food & beverages – there is an opportunity to purchase picnic lunch along the way
What to wear and bring
- Plenty of water
- Comfortable footwear with sturdy soles that have a good grip; ankle-high boots are recommended (but not essential)
- Warm layered windproof clothing
- Sunhat and sunscreen
Booking a Tour
Click on the red “Book Now” button
1. On the right hand side, select the Date you wish to take the tour in the Date Box
2. Input the number of participants: adults & children
3. Go To the Tour Box and click on BOOK button – the payment form will open
4. Under Options: See if you qualify for Swiss Pass or Half-Card tax – Select one or Select “No Card or Pass”
5. Review the final price – make sure it is correct
6. Read our Cancellation Policy – check the Terms & Conditions Box
7. Pay with either a PayPal account or debit/credit card
Once the payment has been processed, a written confirmation will be sent to your email address
Booking within 5 days of tour date?
Phone or text our Lucerne office – +41 79 813 3610 – to check if we can take you, before making a booking
This tour is only possible in good weather and with no strong winds blowing.
In case of bad weather on the day of the tour, an alternative hike will be offered.
Full refund up to 24 hours prior to the tour departure.
50% refund if cancelled by 6.00 p.m. the day before departure.
No refund on the day of departure.
When in Switzerland, just dial 079-813-36-10 to reach our office
Booking within 5 days of your tour date?
Please contact us directly in Lucerne.
Calling outside of Switzerland: 41-79-813-36-10.
Calling within Switzerland: 079-813-36-10
or e-mail: email@example.com