3 Days Swiss Alpine Rails and Trails Tour – 1st class train rides with 3-4 star lodging and dining
Enjoy Switzerland’s Alpine Mountains
● View Matterhorn
● Wonderful Lodging & Meals
● First Class Travel on Glacier Express
We zip off to Zermatt from Basel or Zurich in 1st class, accompanied by an English speaking guide.
At Zermatt, we stay for 2 nights in a 4 star hotel with great rooms and cuisine.
Guided day hikes are provided to experience Matterhorn. These are tailored to your fitness and interest.
After Zermatt, we cruise Lake Lucerne surrounded by the Alpine mountains for a memorable finale.
This is a worry Free Trip
- Depart and Return to either Basel or Zürich
- This is a quality experience from riding first class on trains to 3-4 star ratings for lodgings and food
- Travel up the Gornergrat via Europe’s highest railway – a rack system
- Cruise on Lake Lucerne
- 2 nights stay at 4 star hotel in Zermatt
- Breakfast and 3 Course Dinners included
- local English speaking guide throughout
We are a Swiss based company that is focused on showcasing our beautiful country to travelers.
All our Rails & Trails tours are designed with the “first hand” visitor input in mind.
Our tours are tailored to your interests and fitness.
Join us for one of the most memorable trips of your lifetime.
Available All Year Round
Adult Standard: US $2,199* per person, based on 2 or more – no solo travelers
10% Deposit secures the booking – balance due 90 days before the departure date
● 3 day First Class Swiss Travel Rail Pass
● 2 nights Zermatt 4 star hotel
● Breakfasts and 3 course dinners
● Full Day Tour including Gornergrat Rail to the summit and walk-hike down
● First Class Glacier Express
● Lunch on the Glacier Express
● First Class Lake Lucerne Cruise – 3 hours voyage on Lake Lucerne
● Local English speaking guide
Wine & Alcoholic Beverages
Lunches in Zermatt
Items of personal nature.
* Currency Exchange
The US$ / Swiss Franc currency exchange rates have been relatively stable over the years. However, should the currency exchange rate change more than 2% at time of the final payment, we reserve the right to add the net difference to your final amount.
Booking a Tour
Click on the red “Book Now” button
1. On the right hand side, select the Date you wish to take the tour in the Date Box
2. Input the number of participants: adults & children
3. Go To the Tour Box and click on BOOK button – the payment form will open
4. Under Options: See if you qualify for Swiss Pass or Half-Card tax – Select one or Select “No Card or Pass”
5. Review the final price – make sure it is correct
6. Read our Cancellation Policy – check the Terms & Conditions Box
7. Pay with either a PayPal account or debit/credit card
Once the payment has been processed, a written confirmation will be sent to your email address
Booking within 7 days of tour date?
Phone or text our Lucerne office – +41 79 813 3610 – to check if we can take you, before making a booking
2020 & 2021 – Amended Cancellation policy
With concerns about the coronavirus we have revised our cancellation to make it more flexible:
· Cancellations made 91 days or more prior to departure are subject to a $200.- per person cancellation fee.
· Cancellations made 31 to 90 days prior to departure are subject to $500.- per person cancellation fee
· Cancellations made within 30 days prior to departure are subject to a 100% non-refundable cancellation fee.
Swiss hotel and transportation suppliers require pre-payments and have strict non-cancellation policies.
Transportation vouchers and rail passes are bearer documents and cannot be refunded if lost or stolen.
Changes? When in Switzerland, just dial 079-813-36-10 to reach our office