Zermatt lies at the base of Matterhorn.
There are dozens of hiking trails which will lead you through an enchanting world of nature.
Enjoy the sun, the crystal-clear air, and breathtaking mountain panoramas.
The downtown center is also car-free so you can wonder without being pushed off the road.
- Gornergrat-a cog railway winds its way up 3,089 meters
- Matterhorn Museum – showcase moutaineering equipment from 1865
- take a cableway up/down Matterhorn with a viewing platform to see the highest glaciers
- Gorner Gorge – footpath across narrow bridges with fixed rope guides
- unique local farming villages nearby
Echo Trails offers a series of delightful walking and hiking tours, geared to your interests and abilities.
An English speaking guide will accompany you.